Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Which One is Telling the Truth ?

Editor's Opinion: Do you believe Marianne Gingrich, who by all accounts seems to have nothing to gain, but who could be the disgruntled ex-wife; or do you believe Newt, who has everything to gain; especially the Office of the President of the United States. According to the article Newt implied to his ex that his present wife didn't care what he did... does that mean she is okay with an open marriage... sort of puts a big "?" on the forehead of Newt, now doesn't it.... 



Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich in 1999 asked his second wife for an “open marriage” or a divorce at the same time he was giving speeches around the country on family and religious values, his former wife, Marianne, said Thursday.
In an interview with The Washington Post, Marianne Gingrich said her former husband called her on May 10, 1999, as she was having dinner with her 84-year-old mother and said, “I want a divorce.”
“Is there anybody else?” Marianne Gingrich recalled saying. “He was quiet. Within two seconds, when he didn’t immediately answer, I knew.”
Two days later, Newt Gingrich gave a speech at a conference titled “The Demise of American Culture” sponsored by the Republican Women Leaders Forum in Erie, Pa. Gingrich extolled the virtues of the Founding Fathers and criticized liberal politicians for supporting tax increases, which he said hurt families and children. In the speech, which was televised on C-SPAN, he spoke often of God, families and values.
“When a liberal talks about values, will he or she actually like us to teach American history?” Gingrich told the women’s group. “Will they actually like young people to learn that George Washington was an ethical man? A man of standards, a man who earned the right to be father of this country?” more: Read the full article here

2 comments:

John Reames said...

So can I assume that since you are running this editorial, that you are supporting another of
the candidates. Again I ask, how is this news of Lee County?
Bob Muldrow

John Reames said...

Hey Bob, I thought I would share and respond to your comment in the comment section of the blog. So far your comment is about the only 'news' mentioning Lee County I have seen today.

As to your assumption about whom I am supporting this should clear it up for you. I voted yesterday, I assume you didn't.

Given the choice of the names on the ballot, in my opinion, Gingrich was the only one on the ballot who isn't afraid to step on toes if it delivers the results he seeks, so I voted for him.

That fact alone doesn't mean I like the man or that he is the best candidate for President.

So that I can stop assuming, did you vote yesterday?

Word of the Day

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com