Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Together We Can Do This

The price of a gallon of gas is expected to hit $4.00 and above this summer and it is high time that we the consumers take action. We can't just boycott a station for a day or two to be effective. We have to have an intelligent plan and we have to be united in our actions. 


I'm not taking credit for the following plan but I can see that it has merit. Sure, we will be hurting some of our friends in a financial way who are in the gasoline dispensing business but you have to remind yourself that you are doing them and yourself a favor when you participate it this plan.


Last evening I stopped in at one of my local convenience stores where I pumped $11.00 worth of gas into my little Daewoo. The price of a gallon of regular gas on the pump was $3.30. That means that I pumped 3.33 gallons into my tank. Every day the price changes, creeping higher and higher. 


We, the consumers have to send a message to the oil companies that the law of supply and demand is controlled by us and not them. All we have to do is to unite in the same manner that they do and regain control of the law of supply and demand. 


Here is how we do this. We don't purchase their product! 


Wait a minute!, you say. That can't possibly work; I have to have gas!, and you would be right for we all rely on our cars. However, if we attack this in a united and intelligent manner we can regain our rightful stature in the market place.

Here is how it will work and I think this is a fantastic plan. For the rest of this year don't buy any gas from anywhere that displays an ExxonMobile, Chevron or BP sign.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their  prices. If they reduce their prices, other companies will  have to follow suit to remain competitive. Then what will we have? PRICE WARS!!!! 


But 
to have the needed impact, we need to reach literally millions of ExxonMobile, Chevron and BP gas buyers.  It's really simple to do!  


Now, don't  wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of
people!!

Facebook!



I'm putting this on my Facebook page and if each of my friends do the same in a matter of days we will have forced giant company's to lower their gas prices to stay competitive in the market place. Acting together we  can make a difference. 

If  this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I further suggest  that we not buy from ExxonMobile, Chevron, or BP until the prices reach a more affordable level. 



This will only work if you share this with all your Facebook friends! 


Note: Below is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Kangaroo headquarters informing them of my effort. 



Hello,
I'm concerned that the gas prices are once again climbing to levels that are not affordable to many Americans and I'm starting a campaign through Facebook to voice that concern to about 800 of my friends. I wanted you to know this because I'm not targeting your company to start with. Consumers need to control the law of supply and demand not the big gas producers and I'm going to do my part by not patronizing them for the rest of this year. I know that is will be a small inconvenience for me and my wife but I feel it is worth it. Hopefully, all my friends will follow my lead and ask their friends to support this effort. I would love to learn your opinion.
I'm a Kangaroo consumer and will be patronizing your stores for the rest of the year (unless I learn that your stations are supplied by ExxonMobile, Chevron, or BP.)
Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

No comments:

Word of the Day

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com