Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Love, Support and Prayer

I put out a call for volunteers to help with the upcoming Gathering of the Classes Reunion effort a few weeks back. I received a few offers of help and chief among them was Judy 'Kelley' Leach BHS Class of 1961. Bless her heart Judy and her husband Al are in need of your love, support and prayers right now. 

Read Judy's e-mail dated March 11, 2009:

"Hi there....Didn't want you to think that I had volunteered to help you and then just disappeared!  Allen fell Saturday night and broke his hip.  Actually, is was fractured completely around his hip prosthesis (hip replacement that he's had for 18 years).  You know, he's a bionic man, with bilateral hip replacements and bilateral shoulder replacements!!  Anyway, he's been in Lexington Hospital since then, had hip surgery yesterday and has been in unbelievable pain all the while.  I have to stay with him almost around the clock, so please keep the both of us in your prayers.  He had been hospitalized for the two prior weeks at the VA.  He's really going through a tough time.  Hope all is well with you.  I'm mailing my check tomorrow.  Again, let me know what I can do to help you..........Judy"

In a follow-up e-mail Judy writes:

....."We need all the support and prayers that we can get.  Allen is still at Lexington Memorial Hospital, still in a lot of pain, but the surgery did go well.  They had to replace the cup of his prosthesis and used coil and plates to put the break back together.  They have not been able to get him up yet, but physical therapy is working with him in the bed.  Don't know how long he'll be there, but he will need rehab.  I expect that he will be moved to the VA for therapy and rehab when the time comes, so that he will be close for his 3 day a week dialysis.  I think we're in for a long haul.  I'll be back in touch........Judy"

The phone number for Al's room at Lexington Hospital is:

803-739-3591 

Judy's Numbers:

803 -796-0126 Home

803-609-1428 Cell

Call them, they would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Word of the Day

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com