Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2009

From the Editor

My goodness, how time flies when you are occupied with something that gives you pleasure! I received a mild shock today when I took a few minutes to look back through the blog and realized that it was July 31, 2006 when I posted the first article.  

 

The look of the blog has changed along the way as has the method of publishing to subscribers. One of the changes has been the addition of ads in the blog as well as in the e-mails you receive with the idea at the time being that they would generate a little money to help offset the electric bill. That has not happened!

 

It works this way; Google sells space on various blogs to interested advertisers who count on blog readers seeing their ads. Let us say that Waldo Levindowski, a subscriber to Natives sees an advertisement that interests him. He clicks on it and immediately a digital signal is electronically transferred to an account auditor at Google who then does the necessary calculations before he divides the proceeds of that click amongst the participating partners… a fraction goes here and a fraction goes there. In case you are curious my partner in this is Google my website provider.

 

It takes hundreds of clicks to generate an appreciable amount of change. We are talking mere pennies here folks. Therefore, if I can get you to become a little more freethinking (I know that is a hard thing for conservatives to do) and use your clicking finger a little more by clicking on those ads whenever you visit my blog I may be able see the light at the end of the tunnel.

 

Once again; the more you click on the ads the more money is generated. The last I checked there is about $20 in the auditor’s coffers, which is about two years without much clicking going on. Not one red cent of that fund will be released until the amount reaches $100.  We have a long, long, long way to go before the electric company will be satisfied.

 

Another improvement is in the works… I have never really liked the automatic e-mail system I incorporated a good while back because there is entirely too much other stuff that gets in the way of the e-mail message. Therefore, after much research I have elected to go with Google’s e-mailing system. I think you will find it to be a huge improvement over the previous e-mails you have been receiving. Some of you are already receiving the new e-mails and will not notice a difference but the majority of you will see an appreciative change.

 

I need your support in assisting me with this transition. The next time you visit Natives simply re-enter your e-mail address into the subscription window. Beginning today the old e-mail system will be removed and along with that action some of you may lose your subscription. I hope that is not the case and I will work with you should that happen. Let let me know. 

 

I hope you enjoy reading Natives of Lee County South Carolina and that you will continue to subscribe for I certainly enjoy putting it online.

 

I'm here for you, so drop me an e-mail if you have questions, suggestions or need to simply unload on somebody.  

 

No comments:

Word of the Day

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com