Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little Miss Bishopville Tire Company



My name is Anne Martin Galloway and I was born in Bishopville, SC on September 23, 1952 at the Lee County Hospital. My best memories were living on Baskin Avenue until I was 6 when we moved to Sumter, SC.

This is a picture of me as Little Miss Bishopville Tire co. in (I am guessing 1954 or 1955.)

There was a parade (and Gayle Kerr might remember more details) and my sister, Mary, was already on a float. I was so jealous and started crying so Gayle felt sorry for me and added on to the "go cart" (it looks like a lawn mower) and made me "Little Miss Bishopville Tire co.".

As you can see by my layers of princess clothing, I am the sheet princess with small tires for my crown and to wave with.

Please contact me at annegalloway@sc.rr.com for any other information if Gayle can't fill you in on the exact dates and which parade it was.

Thank you, Anne Martin Galloway

No comments:

Word of the Day

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com