Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Joel Bishop "Joe" Stoudenmire

Joel Bishop "Joe" Stoudenmire, 79, husband of Anne McLean Stoudenmire, died Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2009, at Tuomey Regional Medical Center.

Joe was born in Lee County and was a son of the late Holland Nathaniel Stoudenmire and Laura Kennedy Stoudenmire.

Survivors besides his wife of Bishopville include two sons, Joel Bishop Stoudenmire Jr. and Mark McLean Stoudenmire, both of Bishopville; a daughter, Laura Stoudenmire Windham (Travis) of Bishopville; a granddaughter, Rachael Stoudenmire; and a grandson, Travis Windham.

He was preceded in death by a brother, Holland N. Stoudenmire. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Bethlehem United Methodist Church with the Rev. Paul Rogers officiating. Burial will be in the Bethlehem United Methodist Church cemetery.

Hancock-Elmore-Hill Funeral Home of Bishopville is in charge of arrangements.

2 comments:

John Reames said...

Living on North Main Street in Bishopville had its privileges; one of which was that Stoudenmire Chevrolet was less a than 5 minute walk for a young lad not yet in his teens whose singular interest were new cars. Especially Chevys!

Knowing the Stoudenmire’s was essential for me since I believe the entire Reames clan in Bishopville did business with them throughout the many years of the family business and I was often dispatched to pick up a part or take a vehicle in for repairs. I also fondly remember that ‘Joe’ was always very tolerant and forthcoming with me whenever I would ‘drop in’ and pester him with thousands of questions about the new models when most people would quickly dispatch a bothersome youngster.

I offer my sincere condolences to the family. I will miss ‘Joe’.

Irene said...

I too remember Joe as being a very friendly and joking person. Daddy took me in for my first car, a burgundy with black interior Corvair. Boy, I thought I was hot stuff, driving around in my car,showing it off. But my carpool group didn't think is was so hot. Sort of tight with 5 people riding to Bethune. Anyway, I liked it. Getting back to Joe...I remember him coming in to The Peoples Bank where I worked for a few years. He always had a cute joke to tell us and always laughed more than anyone at the jokes. Each day, we all looked forward to him coming in with his words of wisdom, so to speak.

Our prayers go out to his family during this time of sorrow.

Word of the Day

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com