Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Lee County Native Asks for Our Support


Jake Smith writes:

Dear Lee County Friends,

For four years, Ace Hardware has sponsored the “Tour de Kids” bicycle ride to raise support for the Children’s Miracle Network (CMN). The first three years, I admired the courage and stamina displayed by my riding friends as a spectator and contributor. Last year I joined them, riding 536 miles from Lincoln, NE to Denver, CO.

I hope to ride again this year but I need your help. This year’s tour will begin in Chicago on September 11th and end in St. Louis, MO on September 16th. That is a distance of over 350 miles.

In order to participate, I have committed to doing two things this summer:

1) Ride my bicycle – and then ride it some more
2) Raise the minimum of $3,500.00 in CMN contributions required for participation.
My goal is $5,000.00

A 350 mile bicycle ride is a difficult and fun filled challenge. My team will help me to meet those challenges. I will depend on them, they will depend on me and our challenge will be over in five short days.

17 million sick and injured children in America aren’t so lucky. For them, every day is filled with new physical challenges, some with no foreseeable end. During last year’s ride, I had the privilege of visiting with some of these miracle children. They depend on organizations like Children’s Miracle Network for encouragement and financial support and Children’s Miracle Network depends on the generosity of good people like you. I am asking you to contribute on my behalf to this worthy cause.

Will you help?

Here are several ways to donate:

The link below will take you to my CMN web page. From there, you may donate online and/or follow links to other web pages that explain the relationship between Ace Hardware and the Children’s Miracle Network.

Jared's Tour de Kids Web Page

If the link doesn’t work (and they often don’t!), copy the address below into the address bar on your web browser and press enter.

http://www.kidsmiracles.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=686&srcid=683&frsid=6751

If you prefer to not to make financial transactions online, you can write a check payable to:

Ace Hardware Foundation

And mail it to me at this address:

Jared Smith
PO Box 425
Bishopville, SC 29010

Or you can send your donation directly to the foundation:

Ace Hardware Foundation
Attn: Jody Phillips
2200 Kensington Ct
Oak Brook, IL 60523-2103

If you use this method, please write “Tour de Kids – Jared Smith” in the memo area of your check.

I encourage you to visit the website even if you plan to mail a check. I have small slide show from last year’s ride on the site plus you can leave me a message. I love to read your comments.

Thank you so much for your support! The children appreciate it and so do I!


------------------------------------------

Editors note: The Children's Miracle Network was founded by the Osmond family & John Schneider in 1983. There are four Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals here in South Carolina who, when combined with the 166 other CMN Hospitals help 17 million kids triumph over illnesses and injuries each year.

Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital
Charleston
www.musckids.com
Palmetto Health Children's Hospital
Columbia
www.childrenshospital.palmettohealth.com
McLeod Children's Hospital
Florence
www.mcleodhealth.org/mrmc/children.html
Greenville Hospital System Children's Hospital
Greenville
www.ghs.org/childrens

No comments:

Word of the Day

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com