To All Classmates:
On July 6, 2008 I posted the following:
The Gathering of the Classes Reunion Committee needs volunteers to help with set-up, decorations, registrations and clean-up. Please contact us at 803.720.5007 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Here is a brief explaination for this urgent request:
A series of family crises understandably has one of the committee member’s complete attentions and the unexpected resignation of another has left but two of the original four to do the work that needs to be done. Top that off with the fact that one of the two remaining committee members lives in Florida and you begin to get the picture.
Also, we found out recently that our source for tables and chairs will not be able to help us out again this year due to a change in policy and we need at least 10 cafeteria style tables with the accompanying folding chairs.
Due to these unforeseen circumstances we are pleading for your help. Everything else is in place; the Friday mixer, the bike ride, the bus tour, the golf tourney, the main event, Sundays memorial service are all arranged.
Please call me or send me an e-mail letting me know how you can help.
Also, many of you have requested a Schedule of Activities. See below:
Schedule of Activities:
• Friday – July 25th, 2008 – Early Bird drop-in and registration for BHS former students Bishopville Country Club 7pm. Cash Bar; Light refreshments; DJ; Dancing
• Bicycle Tour of Bishopville. Please let us know if you will participate. Bring your own bicycle(s) and enjoy an early morning ride down memory lane.
• Saturday – July 26th, 2008 - Gathering of the Classes II Reunion Celebration Bishopville Country Club 7pm; Cash Bar; Heavy hors d'oeuvres; Live Entertainment and DJ; so be prepared to dance the night away.
• Morning Tour (9AM) of the county’s areas of interest to include a stop at the old BHS campus.
• Golf Tournament Bishopville Country Club, Saturday morning. Tee time to be announced
Picnic and Fishing Derby:
• Sunday – July 27th, 2008 – 8 AM - Join Rev. Bill Bouknight, Hank Martin, Bill Patterson and Rita Kirven at Lee County’s beautiful Lake Ashwood for a special Alumni Worship Service honoring our deceased class members.